Business plan is essential for enterprise to plan and implement its development activities. Business plan can also be used for management and financial decision-making.
Business plan can also be needed for seeking further investments form banks, risk funds, financing programmes or other investors.
Preparation of business plan consists mainly of:
• formation of working group within the firm
• describing vision of the firm
• analysis and positioning of products and services offered
• market analysis with relevant market research activities
• preparation of marketing and financial plan
Based on the specifics of the business the role of the consultant in preparation of a business plan can vary a lot. It can consist overall coordination, preparation and moderating working group meetings and brain-storming meetings, consulting the business in using relevant analysis methods, gathering additional information for analyses or any other agreed upon tasks. But firms own input to preparation of business plan must always prevail.